Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O-line update Nunya

Registered Member

I miss the attitude the big Russian(Beastmode joke) Few to many penalties, but he got them protecting players. When Giacomini left a lot of the attitude that help produce the run game was gone, and never replaced.
    I have no issues with paying a OL, but I want OL with blue collar attitudes.

I seem to remember Giacomini being able to incite penalties against the opponent quite a bit when we needed it.

Elite Member

i would not mind a o-line that keeps RW upright for more then 2.1 sec

I'm just hoping we don't have to wade through a 4 or 6 game learning curve again.

Sweezy cut by the Bucs. Please, no. Sweezy makes my queasy.

Bring him in. He's not going to cost us what we let him walk for now, he's still reasonably young and especially with linemen; past injuries are not necessarily indicative of future health issue.

Quote Originally Posted by c_hawkbob View Post
    Bring him in. He's not going to cost us what we let him walk for now, he's still reasonably young and especially with linemen; past injuries are not necessarily indicative of future health issue.
    Agree. What have we got to lose. Even if we end up keep him as a depth guy, it cant hurt. I would have loved to have him available last season. You cant predict what your needs will be mid season, but you can try to anticipate them. Bring him in.

Can't hurt to bring in Sweezy. Can't see anyone he'd start over... at least until we get the new system in place.

I have a good feeling about Solari's system for our guys - particularly Ifedi. The articles I read when we hired Solari said Ifedi should excel in a power zone system. This guy is a live wire who had his wick clipped under Cable. Let's see if things will go right for him now. All these articles calling for him to be cut just makes me want him to succeed more.

He's in town taking a physical right now: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-the-seahawks/

Nice! A possible second chance for both sides.