Thread: RIP Chuck Knox

Default RIP Chuck Knox

A very sad day for us long time 12th men indeed. The pound it down their throat with a tough run game and great defense mentality is still to this day my preferred style of football and I learned to love it long before PC came to Seattle almost 8 years ago. I discovered that love and refined my fan knowledge about it as a teen watching Ground Chuck run the ball with great success, over n over n over again.

RIP Coach Knox, one of the earliest influences on my football fandom.

Elite Member

Man this sucks! He was a great coach and almost got us to the promised land. He built some pretty good teams and I love him for making me the Hawk fan that I have become. Ground Chuck was the way you described the Seahawks and it always stuck with me. He coached up some of the greatest Hawk players in our history. Just Imagine what he was thinking when he had Largent... Warner... John L...Easley.. Jacob Green...Norm "The Toe" Johnson.. Those were some fun years except for those dang dirty Raiders in the AFC championship!!!!! LOL RIP Coach, You will be missed and also remembered by me and the loyal fans for what you did for us!!!

Many memories of Chuck Knox. He was a favorite of my Moms many years ago. RIP Chuck Knox.

Registered Member

He was actually what brought me around to becoming a Seahawks fan. Not knocking Petra and the others, but when Knox came on, it seemed like the Hawks were legit then.

Registered Member

The first Seahawks coach I can remember. Loved that hat when I was a kid. RIP Coach

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    The first Seahawks coach I can remember. Loved that hat when I was a kid. RIP Coach
    I did like the trick play era that started the franchise. It was real to bad that he got a legit back (Curt Warner) that got hurt so early. I am sure they would have won a championship in the late 80 s. R.I.P coach

RIP Ground Chuck.

RIP, Chuck. Made me sad when this popped on my phone. Knox was our coach when my Seahawk fandom reached "mega-fan" level ('83). Sad day for 'hawk nation.