Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Marshall, another retread 1-year pick up or NOT ?

I'd take him for $2 million per year or less. (vet min?) Use him as a red zone target. He's not a p*ssy like Graham. He might even throw a block occasionally.

TO 2....pass

Done. I'm cool with it for a vet minimum-ish. Red zone target.

Good.

Hawks are signing him I just saw online story. And he said he can't wait to play in front of Hawks fans. Welcome Brandon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spohawk509 View Post
    Hawks are signing him I just saw online story. And he said he can't wait to play in front of Hawks fans. Welcome Brandon!!

I don't see how much could possibly go wrong with this signing 1 year deal, $2 mil. Not bad. If he can be a red zone target & make the occasional play, I'd say it wasn't a bad signing. Just a couple seasons ago he had over 1,500 yards. And in our matchup against the Jets that year, he did beat Sherman a few times. And that was with Fitzpatrick as his qb. He did take a step back the following season, but he still had 700+ yards, if that's his ceiling, than that's still pretty good for a wr2/3. Last season was a disappointment, but he was injured, and McAdoo was the HC. So maybe that wasn't all on him. We really didn't address the WR position much in FA or the draft, I think Marshall can be of use if he sticks.

We need a big WR. All we have is little, quick guys. McEvoy disappointed me last year, so he may not be it. Hopefully Darboh progresses. He's more of a Boldin type, but I'd take that! The new WR we signed from AZ is 6'1", I believe. I still think we need that 6'5" guy in the mix.

We will see. Dudes going to have to develop some sticky fingers quick or he wont make the team.

1 yr deal if he makes the team. I don't understand why fans are hating on this signing so much. No risk. He probably won't make the team.

If fans wanted Dez Bryant, this is a letdown, but getting your Hawk feathers ruffled over a 4th WR is a waste of energy.