Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 53

Thread: No on Clapadick !

  1. #11
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetalseahawk View Post
    Always compete, and don't sweat the small shyt, like backups.
    Once we drafted a back up QB in the third round. Always compete for Pete

  2. #12
    Registered Member HawkThisWay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Formerly Da Hawks
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetalseahawk View Post
    Yet, unlike what you said, he has gained supporters in large numbers. If he has in fact cost himself the rest of his career, then I can honestly say he is a man I can admire. He will have given up so much to stay true to himself, whether one agrees or not with his message.

    Not to get political (too much) here, but I see so many worry about the superficial aspect of the flag and anthem. You cannot disrespect a thing. The flag doesn't care. The notes don't give a shyt. I suggest we look deeper into what they mean to us personally, rather than what emotions they bring out because of reactions from others. Break yourself away from the mob mentality, and really ask yourself if you are just going along for the ride.
    Personally, I wouldn't sign a guy who wears a Fidel Castro shirt. Besides, I think Seattle is looking for cheaper options.

    I'll say this, what irritates me is all the sjw morons on social media who act like they know the full story about everything. Put them in charge of a football franchise and let's see how they keep everything under control.

  3. #13
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Aberdeen, WA.
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetalseahawk View Post
    Yet, unlike what you said, he has gained supporters in large numbers. If he has in fact cost himself the rest of his career, then I can honestly say he is a man I can admire. He will have given up so much to stay true to himself, whether one agrees or not with his message.

    Not to get political (too much) here, but I see so many worry about the superficial aspect of the flag and anthem. You cannot disrespect a thing. The flag doesn't care. The notes don't give a shyt. I suggest we look deeper into what they mean to us personally, rather than what emotions they bring out because of reactions from others. Break yourself away from the mob mentality, and really ask yourself if you are just going along for the ride.
    Thank you for a very well thought out posting. However to a veteran of the U.S. military I and many others still have that rush of emotion when the colors are honored and the National Anthem is played. I'll not apologize for my stance on both, additionally I'll not apologize to those that may be offended by my standing and rendering a salute to the colors and the song that stands for the greatest nation on the globe and that I served under.
    Social injustice, we have a ways to go and it is my earnest hope that this nation can one day achieve it.
    Again, thank you, but within your posting are ideas that I cannot agree with.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hwkfan4evr View Post
    Thank you for a very well thought out posting. However to a veteran of the U.S. military I and many others still have that rush of emotion when the colors are honored and the National Anthem is played. I'll not apologize for my stance on both, additionally I'll not apologize to those that may be offended by my standing and rendering a salute to the colors and the song that stands for the greatest nation on the globe and that I served under.
    Social injustice, we have a ways to go and it is my earnest hope that this nation can one day achieve it.
    Again, thank you, but within your posting are ideas that I cannot agree with.
    So you're saying you have the luxury to treat the flag and anthem the way you want to, but Kaep and others cannot or should not. I am of a different opinion. First and foremost, I am an individual. I despise being of the collective mindset, looking to others to tell me what I should feel or think. I understand that is how servicemen are trained, being a former Marine. I am saying, as the smallest minority - the individual - that there is plenty of room for views outside of society's box. It doesn't have to be an "or else" scenario. We are allowed to have our stomachs turn, and keep on keepin on.

  5. #15
    Registered Member GOcHOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Chris Long can go suck donkey with his opinion. The Seahawks are the only team even sniffing Kap. Long should lay into the other 31 teams that aren't even calling him.

    This much hype about NOT bringing in a backup QB. Can you imagine how much distraction he would be if we signed him? This team used to be good enough to handle any type of drama... not so much anymore.

  6. #16
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Aberdeen, WA.
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetalseahawk View Post
    So you're saying you have the luxury to treat the flag and anthem the way you want to, but Kaep and others cannot or should not. I am of a different opinion. First and foremost, I am an individual. I despise being of the collective mindset, looking to others to tell me what I should feel or think. I understand that is how servicemen are trained, being a former Marine. I am saying, as the smallest minority - the individual - that there is plenty of room for views outside of society's box. It doesn't have to be an "or else" scenario. We are allowed to have our stomachs turn, and keep on keepin on.
    Well the short answer to your question is "YES". I'll have you know I have served in several Pacific nations and the European Continent and never, "never", witnessed any of those peoples disrespect their anthems or their flags. Only here do I hear our anthem butchered regularly and then to see able bodied individuals knell because a person of note who can't even articulate a cohesive reason for doing so, yes it angers me.
    Additionally, that kind of behavior in several countries of the world would bring about a severe beating, even to death, from angry observers.
    Lastly allow me to share, you call yourself a "former marine"!! I have never ment a member of the corp that ever thought of themselves as being an ex, or former marine. To a man or women they have always considered themselves marines, serving or retired!! However, if you care to desert who you are, then I'm certain we will not miss you.
    I don't care to get into a pi$$ing contest with you here so this is my last word to you on this subject. So go lay the guilty conscience, wah attitude on others.

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hwkfan4evr View Post
    Well the short answer to your question is "YES". I'll have you know I have served in several Pacific nations and the European Continent and never, "never", witnessed any of those peoples disrespect their anthems or their flags. Only here do I hear our anthem butchered regularly and then to see able bodied individuals knell because a person of note who can't even articulate a cohesive reason for doing so, yes it angers me.
    Additionally, that kind of behavior in several countries of the world would bring about a severe beating, even to death, from angry observers.
    Lastly allow me to share, you call yourself a "former marine"!! I have never ment a member of the corp that ever thought of themselves as being an ex, or former marine. To a man or women they have always considered themselves marines, serving or retired!! However, if you care to desert who you are, then I'm certain we will not miss you.
    I don't care to get into a pi$$ing contest with you here so this is my last word to you on this subject. So go lay the guilty conscience, wah attitude on others.
    I could honestly care less if you "miss me" or not. I neither need nor request your approval on the matter.

    As far as you saying yes, that makes you nothing short of a prig. You're forgetting that those countries you've been to are not republics. In fact, many of those countries, I'm assuming, are socialistic. Japan punishes people for being overweight. It's not enough that Britain bans guns, they now outlaw knives. Should I delve into the Middle Eastern monarchies and theocracies? Many European countries will toss you into jail for saying the holocaust is fake. We have the right to denounce our government, flag, police state, war, and country as a whole. That alone puts us light years ahead of the other countries as far as civil liberties. Yes, beatings and death awaits anyone who speaks out in many countries. Think about that. Are you saying that we should do the same? Mob mentality? Cause that's what it sounds like. "My opinion of the flag and anthem is right. Fukk his opinion."

  8. #18
    Registered Member Pigpen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    189

    Default

    My problem with the guy is that I'm just not buying it. We all remember who he was before all this. Dude was as shallow as a kiddy pool. His social media posts were self absorbed masterbation mirrors about his new $800 shoes. Is it just a coincidence that this all started after it was becoming clear that his future with the 9ers was in jeopardy? Maybe. But then I wonder why he won't make public what he's asking for. Could be too much. Then he wears a Castro shirt to Miami and his girlfreind calls the Raven's owner a slave owner. Sounds like he botched the Seahawk workout as well. When put in the light of who he used to be it just makes me wonder.

  9. #19
    Elite Member Nunya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetalseahawk View Post
    I could honestly care less if you "miss me" or not. I neither need nor request your approval on the matter.

    As far as you saying yes, that makes you nothing short of a prig. You're forgetting that those countries you've been to are not republics. In fact, many of those countries, I'm assuming, are socialistic. Japan punishes people for being overweight. It's not enough that Britain bans guns, they now outlaw knives. Should I delve into the Middle Eastern monarchies and theocracies? Many European countries will toss you into jail for saying the holocaust is fake. We have the right to denounce our government, flag, police state, war, and country as a whole. That alone puts us light years ahead of the other countries as far as civil liberties. Yes, beatings and death awaits anyone who speaks out in many countries. Think about that. Are you saying that we should do the same? Mob mentality? Cause that's what it sounds like. "My opinion of the flag and anthem is right. Fukk his opinion."
    That is the beauty of this country. Cap has a right to protest any wrong he believes are taking place and other people have a right to protest his methods if they feel disrespected.....and if that includes denying him a job, well, that is the risk he takes.

    While Cap's 'protest' may or may not be righteous, I would think that there could be much better methods to get his point across without alienating so many people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post
    My problem with the guy is that I'm just not buying it. We all remember who he was before all this. Dude was as shallow as a kiddy pool. His social media posts were self absorbed masterbation mirrors about his new $800 shoes. Is it just a coincidence that this all started after it was becoming clear that his future with the 9ers was in jeopardy? Maybe. But then I wonder why he won't make public what he's asking for. Could be too much. Then he wears a Castro shirt to Miami and his girlfreind calls the Raven's owner a slave owner. Sounds like he botched the Seahawk workout as well. When put in the light of who he used to be it just makes me wonder.
    There is little doubt in my mind that Cap's 'protest' started without any social justice thoughts involved. I believe he was just too self absorbed and did not feel like standing when the anthem started. Iirc, his first 'protest' did not have him kneeling, but had him sitting on the bench. He might have even been doing this for quite awhile before he was confronted about it. Then once confronted, he couldn't exactly say that he "didn't feel like standing", so he did what every 'kid' does.....made up a reason for his laziness.

  10. #20
    Elite Member SoulfishHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Sammamish, WA
    Posts
    227

    Default

    The thing that cracks me up with so many "12s" is that last year they were whining and moaning that the Hawks just talked to the guy. This year some of the same people are complaining that they didn't sign him. Especially the media. Every other team doesn't even give the guy a look, yet somehow the Hawks are blackballing him? Weak sauce

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •