Thread: No on Clapadick !

Elite Member

Default No on Clapadick !

Hawks should not even go there !!

It's just dirt, bitch. slidejob's Avatar

Elite Member

Great news !

Registered Member

Don't get too exited, there is still room for one or two more. I'ma going to try to keep my mouth shut. Probably won't work.

Registered Member

"Colon" would be a cancer in our locker room. IMO he has yet to articulate a cohesive argument for his continued protest. Undoubtedly there exists examples of social injustice and police misconduct when dealing with African-Americans. However you do not gain supporters in large numbers by disrespecting the institutions, the flag, the military, etc that has made the country great and kept it safe. Unfortunately this is the path that he took and, as a result of the "in your face" highly visible kneeling thing, during the National Anthem. He now finds himself as a pariah when it comes to finding a team that will sign him.
    I agree with the originator of this thread, he should not have a place on our roster.

Quote Originally Posted by hwkfan4evr View Post
    "Colon" would be a cancer in our locker room. IMO he has yet to articulate a cohesive argument for his continued protest. Undoubtedly there exists examples of social injustice and police misconduct when dealing with African-Americans. However you do not gain supporters in large numbers by disrespecting the institutions, the flag, the military, etc that has made the country great and kept it safe. Unfortunately this is the path that he took and, as a result of the "in your face" highly visible kneeling thing, during the National Anthem. He now finds himself as a pariah when it comes to finding a team that will sign him.
    I agree with the originator of this thread, he should not have a place on our roster.
    Yet, unlike what you said, he has gained supporters in large numbers. If he has in fact cost himself the rest of his career, then I can honestly say he is a man I can admire. He will have given up so much to stay true to himself, whether one agrees or not with his message.

Not to get political (too much) here, but I see so many worry about the superficial aspect of the flag and anthem. You cannot disrespect a thing. The flag doesn't care. The notes don't give a shyt. I suggest we look deeper into what they mean to us personally, rather than what emotions they bring out because of reactions from others. Break yourself away from the mob mentality, and really ask yourself if you are just going along for the ride.

It's just dirt, bitch. slidejob's Avatar

The only thing it really comes down to for me is can he still play, I'm not sure he can. He has not been the same since "the tip". Maybe changing teams and all that would help him but I'm not sure. I don't care about the name on the back of the jersey, or what the person wearing the jersey believes in, just contribute or don't play for us.

Quote Originally Posted by slidejob View Post
    The only thing it really comes down to for me is can he still play, I'm not sure he can. He has not been the same since "the tip". Maybe changing teams and all that would help him but I'm not sure. I don't care about the name on the back of the jersey, or what the person wearing the jersey believes in, just contribute or don't play for us.
    When is the last time we've thought so hard about a backup position? We always just put a body there and forget about it.

Always compete, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by TC View Post
    Always compete, bro.
    Always compete, and don't sweat the small shyt, like backups.