Thread: Rams loading up for Super Bowl Run...will Seahawks challenge?

Default Rams loading up for Super Bowl Run...will Seahawks challenge?

This was an interesting piece in my Sunday sports section today. Sounds like the Rams are loading up for a Super Bowl run. They should be really good along with the 49ers next season. So Seattle and Arizona will then be left to duke it out for next in line. Article talked about salary cap and the "cycles" teams go through. Rams are on the top of the cycle now, where the Hawks were in 2014 when they won Suber Bowl. Hawks are at or near the bottom part of the cycle according to Carroll.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...-super-bowl-r/

Cool read. And yes we will challenge. I don't feel like our success in this division this season is as much about us as it is about what the Rams can do. I expect the prototypical Seahawks season of the last few years, and the question is, will that be good enough.

Looking forward to seeing the Rams implode. Until a team that hasn't won a playoff game since 2004 actually wins one, I'm not believing the hype.

Registered Member

I fully expect the Rams to take the division and I think they'll get to the 2nd round of the playoffs either through bye or winning the wild card round. They have so much talent--especially on the DL--that it's hard to bet against them. Beyond that, though, who knows. I doubt they implode right away, but after a while I can see the things adding up (much like with the Hawks). I'm also trying to think of the last time a team loaded up on a free agent class and had it get a ring, but I'm not coming up with anything. (My memory isn't that great, though, so I'd be curious to hear if others can remember.) But their current salary structure reminds me of the Hawks' SB team: they have important contributors still on rookie contracts, which has allowed them to stack the team. I think they come crashing back to earth in 2019, but I see them doing well this season.

Rams are desperately trying to win a SB before they have to pay their QB. The struggle is real.

And that's all assuming that everyone stays healthy.

Trying to predict the outcome of a season based on paper talent is fools play. 2 years ago, we thought we were going back to the SB but in the first game, Wilson got his ankle stepped on and a lot of things went wrong throughout the season.

The year we got Jimmy, we thought we would be great again. Little did we know, Bevel had no clue how to use him or integrate him into our offense.

Injuries will tell the tale just like any other year.

As always, I predict 19-0 for the Hawks this year. I always think we have a chance in every game until it doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by idhawkman View Post
    Trying to predict the outcome of a season based on paper talent is fools play. 2 years ago, we thought we were going back to the SB but in the first game, Wilson got his ankle stepped on and a lot of things went wrong throughout the season.

The year we got Jimmy, we thought we would be great again. Little did we know, Bevel had no clue how to use him or integrate him into our offense.

Injuries will tell the tale just like any other year.

As always, I predict 19-0 for the Hawks this year. I always think we have a chance in every game until it doesn't happen.
    sounds good to me!

Rams...lol