Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Are the 'Boys gonna "come get" Earl?

Ok, I'm going to save this post.

I'd be very happy if we did better than last year, and I guess that's possible. But the fact that we have replaced the entire coaching staff and virtually all of the legion of boom I think realistically we have to expect at least a temporary dip in performance. It's going to take a little time before everything starts clicking. If they can step up and surpass last year's performance I would be overjoyed, but I'm expecting at least a little bit of a down year in comparison to the last four or five seasons.

I'm looking forward to the draft and I think your prediction is heavily weighted on that going better than it looks right now. Lets hope the FO pulls one out of their a**. They have made some decent progress in FA but most of those are one year deals and the problem shifts to next year where, even if we do ok this year, we need to retain those people and that costs cap space that we are going to be short on again. . . . . . . Go Hawks!

Yeah. The new coaching staff is the big hole in my theory. Hard to not look at that as rebuilding. BUT, heh heh, early season growing pains are nothing new for this team.

As far as the Legion of Boom, it depends on how you look at it. During the season it occured to me that we could replace Sherman if we needed to. I saw the future of the secondary in two ways. With Thomas and Sherman, or Thomas and Griffin. I was happy with either. Kam is unfortunate, but Micky D did very well. I think we will be fine. I'm actually more worried about Wags staying heathy, which no one is talking about. His absence was devastating. We have seen the defence without Sherman and Kam and it's not bad. Without Thomas or Wagner is a different story.

And yes, Go Hawks!

It's just dirt, bitch. slidejob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by c_hawkbob View Post
    ugg, not liking the sounds of that, 50/50 is too much of a chance for my liking.

Registered Member

If it goes Seahawks style and tradition they will trade Earl to the Boys and take Dez and maybe give their 18th pick too. It seems like every 2-3 seasons they invent some fiasco trade for some big name that is a cancer or past prime or not utilized. Dez would fill a couple of those spots and Eral would thrive in Texas.

I did Dez's mom for $15. Pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by TC View Post
    I did Dez's mom for $15. Pretty solid.
    Was she a whore?

She was, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by TC View Post
    She was, indeed.
    Methinks Ireland is taking notes.

He finally got his answer...