Thread: O/T: R.I.P Chris Cornell

1 members found this post helpful.

Default O/T: R.I.P Chris Cornell

I woke up this morning to hear about his death on the radio, shocking to say the least. I grew up listening to Soundgarden among other grunge music. Nothing's official yet, but it looks like suicide.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/1...undgarden.html

wow

Elite Member

Surprising. R.I.P.

So sad to hear. It's tragic that he was probably 104 in musician years. Why do they all leave us so early?

Chasing the dragon of drugs for "new inspirations" and as one ages....the forgiving body stops forgiving, for the "they" part. Cornell may have offed himself which is tragic as he is a real awesome musician and lots of people liked him that knew him.
    I am shocked that Clapton, Page, Richards are all still alive based on the heroin that they partied.

Sounds like the family is questioning the report..or at least thinking it wasn't as simple as reported

Chris Cornell’s family has issued a statement questioning the coroner’s report that the singer intentionally took his own life on Thursday.

“Without the results of toxicology tests, we do not know what was going on with Chris—or if any substances contributed to his demise,” the Cornell family said.
    The 52 year-old vocalist had a prescription for Ativan, the family shared, and may have taken a higher dosage that impaired his judgement. Attorney Kirk Pasich noted that Ativan can cause paranoid or suicidal thoughts and slurred speech.
    Ativan is a tranquilizer and anti-anxiety medication that is sometimes used as a sleeping aid.

Cornell was a recovering addict and had allegedly been sober since 2002. His wife, Vicky, said in an emotional statement, “Chris’s death is a loss that escapes words and has created an emptiness in my heart that will never be filled. As everyone who knew him commented, Chris was a devoted father and husband.”
    She said Cornell flew home from Soundgarden’s tour the weekend before to spend time with his wife and children, before returning to the mid-west.

His death was ruled a suicide by hanging, the local medical examiner reported Thursday, but Cornell’s family called the suicide declarations “disturbing.”

“When we spoke after the show, I noticed he was slurring his words; he was different,” his wife added. “When he told me he may have taken an extra Ativan or two, I contacted security and asked that they check on him.”
    She added: “What happened is inexplicable and I am hopeful that further medical reports will provide additional details
    http://variety.com/2017/music/news/c...de-1202436611/

Another huge talent tortured by the spotlight ... Lost to the "culture"

Default Sheading Tears