Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 78

Thread: Clap a Dick to the Seahawks ??

  1. #31
    Elite Member OKhawkfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    123


    1 members found this post helpful.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idhawkman View Post

    Maybe it is time to get back to the draft so that more Americans become more patriotic and stop the nonesense of silly protests of burning flags, kneeling for the anthem and rioting in the streets.
    I would love to see the US require two years minimum service (either active duty or reserve duty). The only exemption is for physical or mental disability. No deferments because Daddy is a politician. If you are going to College, give your time in ROTC or the reserves....

    I agree that the time might be coming that Americans (heartland Americans and not these Coastal elites) are going to eventually strike back and we'll be back in some kind of civil conflict. But, I won't go to far down that rabbit hole today

  2. #32
    Elite Member OKhawkfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    123


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by c_hawkbob View Post
    Even so, 7.3% is a revelation to me ... thought it'd be around 20 or 25%
    I believe that actual number prior to 9/11 was about 3%. That number has significantly gone up due to post-9/11 activities.

  3. #33


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idhawkman View Post
    Wow, a national sport starts the game giving a nod to the country that allows it to be played in peace. Could you imagine being a soccer player from Iran and losing?

    As far as the military love fest, would you prefer to bring back the draft? If we can't attract enough volunteers, then the draft is the next option. That ought to make you more comfortable with our military, right?

    Regarding the anthem, I still get goose bumps down my spine from it. Maybe because of all the service I gave to the US govt both military and diplomatic services.

    The statistics now show that less than 1% of the U.S. population has ever served in the military. One thing the military does is make people work together regardless of race, creed, color or anything else. They'll weed you out quickly in boot camp if you are bigoted or biased in any way. Maybe it is time to get back to the draft so that more Americans become more patriotic and stop the nonesense of silly protests of burning flags, kneeling for the anthem and rioting in the streets. Eventually the other side is going to get tired of the silly riots and strike back. At that point, it won't be "fun' for anyone.

    But that is just my opinion.
    As far as bringing back the draft? No, I'd rather we stop forcing wars upon everyone.

  4. #34
    Elite Member c_hawkbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Kevil KY
    Posts
    162


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OKhawkfan View Post
    I would love to see the US require two years minimum service (either active duty or reserve duty).
    I rather like Heinlein's model of differentiation between civilians and citizens wherein:

    Civilians = card holding civil inhabitants with very little rights beyond the right to live, work, pay taxes and be protected by our laws and military and

    Citizens who, having earned their citizenship with military/police/fire or some other form of public service appropriate to their physical and mental limitations have the right to vote and own land.

    That would work for me.

  5. #35
    Super Moderator JetCityHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    80


    1 members found this post helpful.

    Default

    Hmmm...7% of the country served in military? I am surprised, thought it'd be higher. I suppose that % that came back in body bags is what makes the military sacrifice so special and respect warranted. And every person that served has family impacted...that creeps up to the 20+% fast in that regard.

    Todays America is at a huge fork, perhaps not since the civil war. You either get chills when the national anthem plays....or you don't. You either get deeply pissed when a pencil necked commy is burning OUR flag...or you don't. You either love our constitution and electoral process...or you don't and don't give a rats if fraud or cheating or corruption is happening.
    I guaren-mfing-tee you though...when/if this country ever becomes a 3rd world lawless oligarchy like 75% of the earth is, if not more...you WILL miss these times.
    Too many Americans are living in a delusion that our way is a given and any corrupt government clowns can piss away our laws, wealth and future because...well...it'll always going to be free regardless. Think again!
    In fact...the billionaire forces behind all of the turmoil that you must be blind to not see are counting on fools to think as such.

    Disgraceful times we live in. I am a very free thinker and VERY liberal on most things but when it comes to America...my powder is dry...bitch.

  6. #36
    Super Moderator JetCityHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    80


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetalseahawk View Post
    As far as bringing back the draft? No, I'd rather we stop forcing wars upon everyone.
    Agreed. I am patriotic to the core however...most "wars" today are political ($$$) based.
    The one thing, if nothing else, that this garbage election showed anybody with their head not up their ass....was there is a secret war going on within our government to control the VAST amount of GDP$$ that USA has at its disposal. Any other country pales in comparison.
    My circles have been discussing this crap since the 80s but it is now out in the open and in fact just watch daily world news to understand that what has happened in other countries could happen here.
    Wars are fought for billionaires agendas getting half the poor to kill the other half.
    I can kind of accept that but...in America we have much more freedoms and rights and opportunities to earn $$$ if people get off their asses, put the drugs down and get out there.
    Forced draft? Don't need it at this point. I would force homeless druggies and prisoners into draft though...but I digress.

    Back to topic...National sports are fine by me playing patriotic anthems. Kneeling down for thinly veiled one sided politics is obscene.
    Keep politics, church and entertainment separated! FFS.

  7. #37
    Registered Member Halftime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    93


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JetCityHawk View Post

    Back to topic...National sports are fine by me playing patriotic anthems. Kneeling down for thinly veiled one sided politics is obscene.
    Keep politics, church and entertainment separated! FFS.
    I find this an interesting paragraph. Just playing the national anthem before a game is political. Playing "God Bless America" at the seventh inning stretch, since 9/11, is political. It is not keeping them separate. I am strongly in favor of keeping politics and religion separated, but religion permeates entertainment (including sports) and pretty much always has.

    Compulsory service is another matter. I definitely can see it if it is not all military service. For one, I don't think we need that large of a military, and having one that large would only lend credence to the idea that we should do something with it just because it is there. But, compulsory military or community service I could see. Mind you, I'm not sure I trust a government, particularly these days, to use compulsory community service in a non-partisan manner. Still, I do think that the idea has a lot of merit.

  8. #38
    Registered Member Yobyort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2


    3 members found this post helpful.

    Default

    If we sign Kap...I will sell my season tickets for this year and not renew. Enough said.

  9. #39
    Super Moderator JetCityHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    80


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halftime View Post
    I find this an interesting paragraph. Just playing the national anthem before a game is political. Playing "God Bless America" at the seventh inning stretch, since 9/11, is political. It is not keeping them separate. I am strongly in favor of keeping politics and religion separated, but religion permeates entertainment (including sports) and pretty much always has.

    Compulsory service is another matter. I definitely can see it if it is not all military service. For one, I don't think we need that large of a military, and having one that large would only lend credence to the idea that we should do something with it just because it is there. But, compulsory military or community service I could see. Mind you, I'm not sure I trust a government, particularly these days, to use compulsory community service in a non-partisan manner. Still, I do think that the idea has a lot of merit.
    I appreciate your position, well put but...the national anthemn isnt political imo...or say bipartisan, it represents all parties, all creeds, all peoples of this nation...or it was itended to. I can see your point though.
    I suppose I cant fathom it offending anybody thats a true blue American regardless. Meh...it should make us all feel thankful and proud, not want to riot.

  10. #40
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Frederick , MD
    Posts
    18


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OKhawkfan View Post
    I would love to see the US require two years minimum service (either active duty or reserve duty). The only exemption is for physical or mental disability. No deferments because Daddy is a politician. If you are going to College, give your time in ROTC or the reserves....

    I agree that the time might be coming that Americans (heartland Americans and not these Coastal elites) are going to eventually strike back and we'll be back in some kind of civil conflict. But, I won't go to far down that rabbit hole today
    100%

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •