Thread: Succession planning and Pete pulling the old switcheroo

Default Succession planning and Pete pulling the old switcheroo

Interesting article.

http://www.hawkblogger.com/2018/01/i...-seahawks.html

Of course, nobody knows how much merit the article has but hey....welcome to 2018.

Cable has always had the associate head coach title. Pete also wants to coach longer. But what happens 3,4,5 years down the road when Pete hangs it up? Gotta believe that's something Paul Allen thinks about a lot. If Cable gets fired and/or you don't want him as HC when Pete leaves, this lays out sort of a succession plan for Bradley to come back. And at the same time, instead of firing Cable and Bevell you fire Richard and pull the old switcheroo on everyone. Interesting thought about giving Bevell "full control" of the offense

Registered Member

I have to say I love this idea entirely. I want Cable gone, I want a good talent evaluator in, and would love to see some fire under this team. The attitude left the team when Bradley and Quinn left

I want Cable gone badly but really dont want Bradley back here. I do think Bradley is well liked and a good communicator but his passive defensive schemes drove me nuts. Never seen a guy more reluctant to blitz than Bradley and his soft, passive, late game protecting the lead defensive were about as frustrating as Cable's failures with the offensive line.

Elite Member

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by NoCal Hawk Fan View Post
    I want Cable gone badly but really dont want Bradley back here. I do think Bradley is well liked and a good communicator but his passive defensive schemes drove me nuts. Never seen a guy more reluctant to blitz than Bradley and his soft, passive, late game protecting the lead defensive were about as frustrating as Cable's failures with the offensive line.
    +!

You mean we used to have to protect a lead?

I thought the rush 4 scheme was Pete's.

Registered Member

The rush 4 is Peteís. He just recently started to do more blitz packages and I still donít think it was very often

I tried to get through that piece. I can only handle so much long winded speculation, so correct me if this was already in there.

I had a thought while listening to radioheads debating replacing Cable. Everyone is talking about his replacement. We wouldn't replace him, right? He's a line coach, assistant play caller, and draft advisor? That's a very unique position and created for him. We would probably just desolve that position and just hire a line coach, no? It would not only be a coaching change, but an organizational change as well. Right?

Jim Bob Cooter!

I fault Gus for holding us out of the NFCCG in 2012 when he let the Falcons go 40+ yards in two plays and less than 35 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by idhawkman View Post
    I fault Gus for holding us out of the NFCCG in 2012 when he let the Falcons go 40+ yards in two plays and less than 35 seconds.
    Man. Think of how good the last 6 years could have been. That 2012 team was coming on strong. Just gacked it at the end. And of course if we could have converted a 2nd and goal from the 1 yard line in the 2nd superbowl.

I sometimes (too often some people say) see the glass half empty. But there's no way after winning that superbowl I would have bet that we wouldn't have won another one......or two.

Am excited to see this off season though. Maybe a hungrier team come September.