Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maxwell, no surprise; still Terrible.

Maxwell is doing his best. He's just not a star. I'm glad we had a chance to snag him. His best years are behind him, but he's our best option. I like him more than Lane on the outside.

Terrible is a bit harsh. I'm glad he's back. The defense as a whole is playing really well right now. I would say he's fitting in nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post
    Terrible is a bit harsh. I'm glad he's back. The defense as a whole is playing really well right now. I would say he's fitting in nicely.
    What I thought was telling is - where in the world was Jeremy Lane on Sunday? I would've thought if Maxie was playing badly then they would've switched to Shaq, Lane, and Coleman in their DB lineup. I thought Maxwell did fine. He got jobbed a few times, but made plays at other times. We've been very spoiled with Sherman.

Re: the Maxwell getting burnt for 51 yards.

That ball FLOATED...FOREVER. When he threw it, it looked like it was gonna fall way short. So I can see why Maxwell misjudged it so badly. I swear, from my seat up above over in the corner, that ball looked like it was gonna be nowhere NEAR the receiver downfield. But it just kept going. Helluva throw and some kind of weird freakish vortex over the 50 yard line numbers on the right side of the field or something. It was just a bizarre looking trajectory from my seat.

That pass reminded me of the Dallas conversion a couple years back, I started having bad flashbacks

Registered Member

For being an emergency signing coming in cold, I thought he did well. I would be shocked if any other free agent coming in off the street would have done better. I don't think he's starter quality, but emergency stop-gap? Yeah, I think so.

Watch the replay on the TD he gave up. It was CLEARLY an illegal pick, no call.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulfishHawk View Post
    Watch the replay on the TD he gave up. It was CLEARLY an illegal pick, no call.
    Picks are legal for31 teams.