Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jaguars game expectations...

Going onto some Jags forums - many/most are predicting a Seahawks win! THAT surprised me. They don't have confidence in their QB and their RB (For-get) had been injured and seems to have lost a step from earlier in the season (according to many of their folks). They all point to if Telvin Smith plays, then they have a chance and some predict a win only if he plays. I know nothing about Telvin. I'm thinking our TE's will have a heyday as that seems to be their week spot (according to their forum). Maybe have some wideouts doing short routes might be key. If we can get the run game going - i'm starting to have some confidence in our O-line ( shocker! ). I like the combo of Mike Davis, Rawls, and McKissic. I'd be shocked if Lacy got any touches or ran any significant yards (IMO). I think he is all but done on this team...outside of an injury to the three RB's listed above. In many ways this match-up is more intriguing than the match-up with the Eggles. I actually thought we'd do exactly what we did against the Eggles. This Jax team is a wildcard (Jaguars forums aside). I'm hoping Pete has the team pumped up and ready to go like he did on this past sunday!

Imagine in two weeks if we have the trio of Carson, Davis and Kiss. If our O-line can stay healthy... we might be able to actually run the ball by the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by mattj20 View Post
    Going onto some Jags forums - many/most are predicting a Seahawks win! THAT surprised me. They don't have confidence in their QB and their RB (For-get) had been injured and seems to have lost a step from earlier in the season (according to many of their folks). They all point to if Telvin Smith plays, then they have a chance and some predict a win only if he plays. I know nothing about Telvin. I'm thinking our TE's will have a heyday as that seems to be their week spot (according to their forum). Maybe have some wideouts doing short routes might be key. If we can get the run game going - i'm starting to have some confidence in our O-line ( shocker! ). I like the combo of Mike Davis, Rawls, and McKissic. I'd be shocked if Lacy got any touches or ran any significant yards (IMO). I think he is all but done on this team...outside of an injury to the three RB's listed above. In many ways this match-up is more intriguing than the match-up with the Eggles. I actually thought we'd do exactly what we did against the Eggles. This Jax team is a wildcard (Jaguars forums aside). I'm hoping Pete has the team pumped up and ready to go like he did on this past sunday!
    Really! That's interesting. I saw the line on the game is Jags by 4 I think it was. Don't think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GOcHOX View Post
    Imagine in two weeks if we have the trio of Carson, Davis and Kiss. If our O-line can stay healthy... we might be able to actually run the ball by the playoffs.
    I love that thought!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spohawk509 View Post
    Really! That's interesting. I saw the line on the game is Jags by 4 I think it was. Don't think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have never looked at the line on a game to project/determine who might win. Means nothing - especially this time of year. I look at the teams' win/loss record and how well played against quality opponents, strengths/weaknesses, and how they rank overall in D and O. I then go into the other teams forums as those can have great nuggets of info (on many sites - if they are like the Blue). East coasters are overly harsh/critical in the extreme in general. But they usually have some solid analysis.

The way our front seven is playing recently, I'd say we can bottle up their running game, and force Bortles to have to make plays. Yes, the secondary is our weak point, but Bortles is theirs.
    The question of how we generate offense is another thing. I think that you need a balance attack to keep their defense honest, and then hit a few plays downfield. Overall, I think we can do that, but it will probably be an ugly game.

I'm expecting a snot knocker of a game. Low scoring, w/the Hawks D keeping them out of the end zone most of the day.
    Hawks 16-13

Quote Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
    I am going to this one.
    When is the last time we won in Florida? It's time.
    I'll be there too.

The scary part about Sunday, and I've been trying to stick up for the guy..........is that Blair Walsh is going to have a LOT of opportunities. Oh God, get me a drink

Going to be really tough getting points so you are right Soulfish, Walsh needs to be on it.

Jags defense is #1 in the league in points allowed, total yards allowed, pass yards allowed and sacks. Cant ever remember a defense that has finished 1st in all 4 of those categories... of course there are still 4 more games but still, that is DAMN impressive.