Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Penalties!!

Registered Member

Default Penalties!!

First I will say the Hawks get flagged for too many penalties. If Stanton could throw a deep ball, we might lose that game last night. Carson Palmer would have lit us up. Penalties are a lack of discipline. Fun Uncle Pete needs to get this team more disciplined.

With that said, did the ref's have Cardinal Jersey's on last night. My gosh, how many phantom penalties were there? Hand to the face....What???? Maybe the league anticipates the Hawks having a ton of penalties.

I am having trouble following this thread so perhaps you can indulge me. At first you say the team needs to be more disciplined due to penalties, yet you acknowledge that their were some very questionable calls from the officials against the Seahawks, implying that if they were more disciplined they would still get penalized. Which is it?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Muggles View Post
    I am having trouble following this thread so perhaps you can indulge me. At first you say the team needs to be more disciplined due to penalties, yet you acknowledge that their were some very questionable calls from the officials against the Seahawks, implying that if they were more disciplined they would still get penalized. Which is it?
    Its the angst of a close game

Quote Originally Posted by sermonator View Post
    First I will say the Hawks get flagged for too many penalties. If Stanton could throw a deep ball, we might lose that game last night. Carson Palmer would have lit us up. Penalties are a lack of discipline. Fun Uncle Pete needs to get this team more disciplined.

With that said, did the ref's have Cardinal Jersey's on last night. My gosh, how many phantom penalties were there? Hand to the face....What???? Maybe the league anticipates the Hawks having a ton of penalties.
    There were too many missed penalties also. Like the facemask on RW on the first drive. The clipping/block in the back on Kam when they scored their first TD. If they call Willson for clipping they have to call that clipping on Kam.

the officiating of this game was just flat out horrible. No other word I use can use to describe it. A joke really, and not funny either.

Quote Originally Posted by sermonator View Post

The Cardinals were wearing their black jerseys and the refs wore black stripes. I think that there may have been some confusion about who their teammates were.

Hawks seem to be getting lame calls last 2 seasons imo.
    They ALSO faq themselves over with lowbrow plays...its he worst of both worlds.

Fun Uncle Pete has always allowed this.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Muggles View Post
    The rest of the group understood the thread. Yes, we penalize ourselves too much. Ifedi costs us 30 yards every game, and Bennett is good for 2 jumps a game, started the Redskins game with a jump.

But coming on the heels of lack of discipline, I think the league anticipates penalties on an undisciplined team. So it is yes and yes to your question, which is it?

I was confused because if their were questionable calls during a game (which their always tends to be) It assumes that the recipient of that penalty did nothing wrong on the play to begin with. So even if the team played perfectly, and had a knack of making less penalties than others, they would still get penalized. Negating any reason to play smarter than previously. Complaining about the officials doesn't do anything. I fall into that trap as well. We all see the replays and can obviously see holes in the officiating. I don't want to blame the team was the referees incompetence.

I don't like the game close enough for a call to decide the game's outcome. I always blamed my daughter and her team if theire softball game was clsoe enough for the ump to decide the game on a call.

This was different. There's more than just a couple of bad/no calls that go against the Hawks. I don't like complaining about one call or two but when it is overwhelming, it is not right.