Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rams/Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by GOcHOX View Post
    Rams just missed on a few plays. Winners make those plays, but they are much improved. They will probably continue to be a thorn in our side for years.

Last time we were held to such low offensive yardage was against the Rams in 2013. That season worked out ok.

Our offense is trash though.
    I thought they played pretty well. I mean, philosophically it was almost a perfect game. Play good defense, win the special teams battle and have at least a 4 point lead in the 4th where we can unleash pressure and get turnovers. The only thing that was outside Pete's philosophy was the INT's and not being able to run the ball. I feel like we are close. Very close.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post
    I feel like we are close. Very close.
    Don't try, do.

Registered Member

1 members found this post helpful.

Yes!! Close...close...we're almost there, but we're doing great...

Pete said he liked how our offense finished the game. No 1st downs in the 4th quarter? He's blind.

Pete said he liked how our offense finished the game. No 1st downs in the 4th quarter? He's blind.
    That's why I like this place. You make me look up stats. Zero first downs on three possessions. That last one was really tough too. Chance to kneel it out.

It was so frustrating to not be able to run the clock out at the end. The W is all that matters, but I would rather shove a Lego up my p3nis than watch our offense sometimes.

Oh yeah, offense still has its bugs, but the defense is more than doing its part to help keep us in the games, so I have confidence the offense will smooth out its wrinkles as the games go on. Hawks always start the seasons slow. Come on stronger towards the end.

It was so frustrating to not be able to run the clock out at the end. The W is all that matters, but I would rather shove a Lego up my p3nis than watch our offense sometimes.
    I would be inclined to agree with you, but for some reason this was my favorite game this season and the offense didn't drive me to fits like it usually has. It was a tough and gritty game, but we knew it would be like that going into it. I am not sure what it was exactly, but this game felt different. I felt like we were in control of the game by the second half against a quality opponent. Unlike the Titans game where it felt like we were hanging on for dear life.

Sadly, I think you're just used to watching our offense. The Rams D has been giving up a lot of points this year. Our D is amazing. Our offense scored 16 with the advantage of 5 turnovers. A couple of our FGs were gimmies by our D. Our offense probably earned 10 points.

Sadly, I think you're just used to watching our offense. The Rams D has been giving up a lot of points this year. Our D is amazing. Our offense scored 16 with the advantage of 5 turnovers. A couple of our FGs were gimmies by our D. Our offense probably earned 10 points.
    The Rams defense is what it is, but we knew the match up was not going to be a good one for us. Even though we struggled we never had to go away from what we want to do and as the game progressed you could see the urgency start to creep into the Rams and that's when our defense is at its best. When the opponent loses patience. It's the first time I have seen that against a team with a winning record this season and it made me very happy.