Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wilson/Rivers Comparison

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetalseahawk View Post
    Yeah, then maybe he can draw some PI penalties in the end zone, at least.
    I don't know what else needed to happen for Graham to draw a PI call on that one play.

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    I don't know what else needed to happen for Graham to draw a PI call on that one play.
    There needed to be actual blood on the play. Lots of blood.

For the refs not to have an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by GOcHOX View Post
    There needed to be actual blood on the play. Lots of blood.
    I was thinking death.

Registered Member

As a former bolthead I still have great respect for PR. He's tough as nails and great with the right coaching.

I also think our own RW is a top tier QB. Charger fans used to rip on PR when he had a bad game too, but both QBs have produced quality play overall.

And it seemed to me that anytime our guys even touched anyone the sky was blocked out with yellow hankies. I'm probably making it worse than it was due to being a homer, but it sure seemed lopsided to me. Pete was very frustrated also and I think a couple of times was on the verge of getting tossed with his complaints.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetalseahawk View Post
    We surprised the league for the better part of two years. Now they have figured out our offense, and nothing is being done about it.

Did you see Russell in the 2nd quarter? He had no answer. He looked like someone who was staring at three guys who were about to give him a beat down.

If five or six guys are constantly coming at you, and you can't find the receivers left open because of it, you're not being a successful quarterback.
    Umm all the guys were coming at him from a vanilla 4 man rush. GB didn't need to blitz at all. So where do you think there would be open guys ?

i know it's easy to blame the QB after a loss. It's a fans knee jerk response. I've been a Seahawk fan long enough to see Fans rip Dave Krieg, Matt Hasselbeck and Warren Moon relentlessly after losses. But in the end, the QB is rarely the sole problem. Fact is, Wilson had no running game to run play action off of. He had little time to get to his second read. He had few plays where an appropriate checkdown was available. Those realities were not his fault.

Good OL play makes average QBs look great, bad OL play makes good QBs look average. That is one of the laws of football. And sadly it hasn't been as important to Pete as it was to Holmgren.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    Umm all the guys were coming at him from a vanilla 4 man rush. GB didn't need to blitz at all. So where do you think there would be open guys ?

i know it's easy to blame the QB after a loss. It's a fans knee jerk response. I've been a Seahawk fan long enough to see Fans rip Dave Krieg, Matt Hasselbeck and Warren Moon relentlessly after losses. But in the end, the QB is rarely the sole problem. Fact is, Wilson had no running game to run play action off of. He had little time to get to his second read. He had few plays where an appropriate checkdown was available. Those realities were not his fault.

Good OL play makes average QBs look great, bad OL play makes good QBs look average. That is one of the laws of football. And sadly it hasn't been as important to Pete as it was to Holmgren.
    Never said he was the sole problem. He is, however, suffering in a Bevell system.

GB stuffed the box, daring us to pass. When Russell dropped back, there were often 5 or 6 Packers flooding the backfield. When Carson had his big run, there were 6 back there before the handoff.

The way that Bevell doesn't adjust to what the D is doing is beyond maddening.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulfishHawk View Post
    The way that Bevell doesn't adjust to what the D is doing is beyond maddening.
    That's a no-shatter.