Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Hawks Michael Bennett says Cops threatened to blow his head off...

1 members found this post helpful.

You know better and even if you don't, the NFL knows. It will start to hit thier pocket book, too.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by OKhawkfan View Post
    Maybe cops are paranoid because they have reason to be. Police Officer targeting is at an all time high thanks to certain movements, lack of support for LE, etc. Not to mention false narratives on several high profile cases. I agree with Blue Hawk, there really wasn't anything in the video that was excessive force as I can see. I find it interesting that so many who have no clue about law enforcement can talk about cops being "squeamish" and the like. And I think it is terribly offensive to make an underhanded comment about "flashbacks from Fallujah." Until you understand the training that LE goes through and have been in an active shooter situation (even a drill or exercise), you have no clue. This rush to blame LE for everything is just sickening. I guess it is a rush to judgement based on the 8 years of the previous administration being wrong on just about every case and labeling LE as the bad guys. Cops don't become cops because they have nothing better to do, for many it is a calling much like serving in the military. I do think idhawkman has a point in that many good people that would become cops aren't because of the trashing they have gotten over the past year. God forbid that we actually talk about the suspects and what they did...let's remove personal responsibility and blame the cops for being squeamish instead of pointing out that some people are actually doing things that lead to the cops taking action.
    100%

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by OKhawkfan View Post
    I'm not saying it has to be one way or the other, but it seems that many here and in the media rush to "cops must be bad" narrative instead of looking at the totality of circumstances. Ferguson was a perfect example of a false narrative. Too often, these so-called victims weren't choir boys and their actions lead to tragic circumstances.

With Bennett, maybe he did nothing wrong, but his actions were suspicious and, given the circumstances, the cops did nothing wrong either. They see a runner in a reported active shooter situation...don't know if he is armed, and give chase. He is detained while they sort it out and released. What I find appalling is the cry of racism from Bennett claiming he was singled out for being black when there were other black people in the videos I have seen and, yet, there wasn't a round up of all minorities there...He was just the only one running from the police, jumping barriers, and hiding. Given the circumstances, for him to claim racism and not to realize that maybe his actions created suspicion, which is why he was detained, is disingenuous. But, here is the "jump on cops are bad and racist" narrative perpetuated by the media, BLM and Bennett. So sorry his feelings were hurt because a cop talked mean to him and he was detained for a whole ten minutes while things were sorted out.
    Again 100%

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetCityHawk View Post
    I liked when the Hawks were nobodies, hungry and TAKING respect from the NFL.

Since the SB win....a lot of ego and drama surround this team...moreso than seemingly the Pats or Falcs as example.

Can the players just stfu and PLAY? yep. 100%

Let them run for political positions AFTERwards....like Largent did.

When the announcers talk more about Bennett hating cops than about any big play (cuz there weren't any)...maybe Pete should grab tighter control.
    Yes ! I agree !

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by idhawkman View Post
    Make fun of my comments all you want, the NFL is hurting in ratings this year just like it did last year. Many people have told me they are not even watching this year. Fans that I've talked with in the past are no longer watching. It will start cutting into the revenues very soon.
    Got that right !

Quote Originally Posted by idhawkman View Post
    Make fun of my comments all you want, the NFL is hurting in ratings this year just like it did last year. Many people have told me they are not even watching this year. Fans that I've talked with in the past are no longer watching. It will start cutting into the revenues very soon.
    We're 1 week in, and there have been historic storms hitting major parts of the country...pretty sure those might have something to do with week 1 and probably 2 and 3 week ratings being down.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRyan View Post
    We're 1 week in, and there have been historic storms hitting major parts of the country...pretty sure those might have something to do with week 1 and probably 2 and 3 week ratings being down.
    Ryan!!! Good God, you reproduced again?!?

Final chapter.

He had is little nutties snipped. Micro surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetalseahawk View Post
    Ryan!!! Good God, you reproduced again?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by TC View Post
    Final chapter.

He had is little nutties snipped. Micro surgery.
    The problem has been solved.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRyan View Post
    Yeah, and they said last year was because of the presidential race that ended in early november. Its not like we haven't had major storms before.